Sunday, June 19, 2011

In it to win it!

The weather has gone through hurricane force winds, heavy rain, and finally beautiful sunshine, so it makes it hard to believe that it has only been two weeks since the start of the internship. As mentioned before, these past two weeks have been a whirlwind of practical and theoretical training, company introductions, and eating (lots of eating). Tomorrow I leave for Germany on what will be my first international business trip. I am pretty excited for it. While there for the next three days, I will be introduced to the German office and meet the rest of the people that I will be working for this summer.

The trip should be nice and will give me an opportunity to understand what the Company's international operations look like. It is important for me to understand as much of the company as I can so that way, if I get an offer, I will be well prepared and informed on any decisions I have to make.

Currently on my mind I have some of the pros and cons: PROS: I think the Company is in a very interesting market that will continue to grow in the future. They Company has also done an excellent job with staffing. The CEO attends every interview and only hires those who believes has strong character (in addition to intelligence). The Company is young and flexible and is able to quickly adapt to any changes in the market place. Further, it seems that they treat their employees well! There are quite a few benefits that come with working here, and the Company truly believes that its employees are the number one assets. CONS: there are not many cons but one is that the busiest time of year is the summer, which means vacationing in summer may be difficult. Secondly, it is a family business. This means that the family takes many of the high positions in the Company which may limit potential to grow and may cause some politically interesting work scenarios.

Anyway, enjoying my time here now and can't wait to experience my first international b trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment