Sunday, June 12, 2011

one is done.

The first week has come and gone, and now it is time to look back a bit and reflect back on my first week re-gainfully employed. The first week on the job was basically the theoretical training portion of the internship. I learned a lot about the Company's strategy, products, and philosophy. I mentioned in my first post that I was impressed with their strategy and philosophy, but I would like to reiterate it now. I really enjoyed their outlook on the business that they run and the industry they operate in.

The theory was required knowledge necessary to perform any market research, but at the same time, I found it fascinating and I could picture myself staying excited about the products (or really, the manner in which they produce and market) for a long time to come. Along with the theory we got to meet several area managers for the Company as well as several other functional positions within the Company. I think everyone was really smart and they all seemed to get a long quite well. I enjoyed talking to everyone and cannot wait to further some of these discussions in the future.

One of the things I currently like is that I am able to speak Italian for about 40% of the day. I think as time goes on that this number will increase to nearly 100%. There are two interns that don't speak a lick of Italian now, so they would have some problems if we did the training in Italian. The cool thing is though, that when we do hold a conversation in Italian, I find myself understanding nearly 100% of what is being said. This is a huge improvement over 9 months ago.

Anyway, as the training comes to an end and I start to really define my role here at work, I will post more reflectful pieces.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment