Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sono Arrivato!

Ok, so I have arrived! The weather is hot and the city is beautiful. I found an apartment after not too much searching in the heart of Navigli. Navigli is an awesome area. There are dozens of great bars and restaurants. It is also famous for apertivi. An apertivo is kinda like happy hour. The bars and restaurants set up a buffet of delicious food. The food has ranged from watermelon to pasta to pizza, to stuffed bell peppers. So for 8 Euro you can get all the food you want and one drink. The apertivi last from 6pm - 10pm and take place every night.

In the past days I have discovered that Milano is not as terrible a place as I thought it was. After living in Roma, I have heard that Milano is terrible. The people are supposed to be rude, fat, and too busy to love life, but in my short time here, I feel the opposite. The people have been incredibly nice, great shape, and having a great time! I assume Rome's distaste is more like a Nor-Cal/So-Cal battle.

Anyway, I am glad to report that I am beginning to settle in. I like it here and I cannot wait for school to start (wow, never thought I would say that again)!

Ciao,

Justin

1 comment:

  1. nerd alert! I can't believe you are excited for school

    ReplyDelete