Friday, August 20, 2010

T minus 48 hours till take off...

There is no real news since my last post. Only so much can happen in the last week before you move to a new country. My bags are packed, I found a hotel, I have an appointment to look at more permanent apartments, and I have my flight confirmation printed out. My mind has stopped racing and I am no longer stressing about all the little things I have to do when I arrive. All those little annoyances are in the back of my mind. As far in the back as they possibly could be. What is on the forefront of my mind are all the people I will be leaving back at home.

Maintaining relationships that I have made, will be tough. Luckily Al Gore invented the internet (COME ON!) and others came along and realized that social media is an awesome tool. Facebook, skyple, and linkedin make it pretty easy to keep touch with everyone back here in the Bay Area, and I am thankful for that. It would be too easy to move to Milano and start a new life, but the friends I have made here have shaped me and encouraged me to grow and seek out new challenges, like the MBA. So, the moral of the story I guess is that moving to a new country is easier for me than I thought, but leaving my friends, family, and girlfriend behind is weighing on me a lot more than I wish it would.

T minus 48 hours, guys!

1 comment:

  1. Why did you mention your girlfriend last in the above post? She's a real keeper - seems like you would want her first.

    ReplyDelete