Thursday, September 2, 2010

to loan or not to loan

Oh man, so today I had a meeting with a loan coordinator that SDA Bocconi helped to arrange. I am seriously thinking about taking out a small loan, but OMG is it a pain in the ass. First, I have to pay a 3% deposit, which is not much by itself, then every three months I have to pay about a 9euro fee, then on top of all that I have to pay interest in December. I don't really know what I expected, but man it made me nervous. Because after all this, I started thinking that I don't have a job and who knows if I will find one when I graduate. Then when I graduate, I have to change the loan into a personal loan and pick how long I want to pay it over (2 - 8 years)!! Interest and other things start piling up pretty quickly. Well, long story short, I am now extremely hesitant to get a loan. If I get it, I will live much more comfortably here, if not then I will penny pinch a bit. Either way I guess it will work out.

On better news, off to the vineria to buy a nice bottle of wine for the afternoon picnic I will be having with some fellow 36ers (mba 36th edition). Next post will probably be on the topic of my heart attack about the loan or why people think SDA Bocconi is full of snobs (like Stanford).

Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. "On better knews..." the english is slipping already mush? hope u have fun brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got myself caught up. You're definitely living the life, cugino, and I am very happy that you've gotten yourself settled and are approaching a level of comfort because school is going to kick your ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wu-ster. I guess I should probably learn to spell now that my final product is really just numbers. Yeah man, I'm having a blast.

    @Brian, yeah its a good life so far. I have found a couple really cool places to eat/drink where they have a great "homemade" feel. Everything from wine to cheese. Hope you can make it out here during easter time.

    ReplyDelete